This Privacy Notice describes how PacificInk.com and its affiliates (collectively "Pacific Ink") collect and process your personal information through Pacific Ink websites, services, and online stores that reference this Privacy Notice (together "Pacific Ink Services"). By using Pacific Ink Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Pacific Ink Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Pacific Ink Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Pacific Ink Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Pacific Ink Services, including information about your interaction with products, content, and services available through Pacific Ink Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Pacific Ink Services and other content served by or on behalf of Pacific Ink on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. For What Purposes Does Pacific Ink Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Pacific Ink Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Pacific Ink Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Pacific Ink Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Pacific Ink Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email).
- Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Pacific Ink, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does Pacific Ink Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share customers' personal information only as described below and with entities that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services or products provided by third parties and we share customers' personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results, processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Pacific Ink or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Pacific Ink and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Pacific Ink, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Pacific Ink account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the "My Account" section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service Team.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Pacific Ink Services.
- You can add or update certain information on “My Account”. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account here and blocking cookies on your browser.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact our Customer Service Team. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use Pacific Ink Services?
Pacific Ink does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Pacific Ink Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Pacific Ink Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at Pacific Ink, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Pacific Ink Services.
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our store;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Pacific Ink Services;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address when shopping with us);
- upload your contacts;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire or a support ticket;
- compile Wish Lists or Shopping lists;
- provide and rate Reviews
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- email addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- credit history information; and
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, email address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- search results and links;
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Pacific Ink Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information,;
- email notification settings;
- Shopping lists;
- content that you recently viewed;
- voice recordings associated with your account;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile).